The Overlook Hotel is a fictional hotel in the novel the Shining by Stephen King. It is located in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, United States. The hotel has a history of violence and murders, which are attributed to the ghosts of the previous owners and guests who have died there.
In the novel, the hotel is owned by Jack Torrance, who becomes its caretaker in the winter. Jack’s wife, Wendy, and their son, Danny, accompany him to the hotel. Danny has a psychic ability known as “the shining” allowing him to see the future and communicate with the hotel’s ghosts.
The family is isolated at the hotel during a snowstorm, and Jack gradually becomes possessed by the ghosts of the hotel, who want him to kill his family so that they can “live” again. Danny uses his shining ability to warn Wendy, and they escape from the hotel before Jack can kill them.
An explosion later destroys the hotel, but the ghosts of its previous owners and guests remain.
In the 1980 film adaptation of the novel, the hotel is called the Overlook Hotel. It is located in the state of Oregon instead of Colorado.
The hotel has been a popular setting for other works of fiction, including the 1997 novel Rose Madder by Stephen King and the 2007 horror film 1408, starring John Cusack.
The carpet in the Overlook Hotel is one of the most iconic aspects of the film adaptation of Stephen King’s The Shining. The carpet, an orange and brown paisley pattern, is featured prominently throughout the film, appearing in many key scenes.
While the carpet in the film is a prop, it is based on a real carpet that was once installed in the Stanley Hotel, the real-life hotel that served as the inspiration for the Overlook Hotel in the novel. William Leigh and installation designed the carpet began in 1909.
70s Style Overlook Hotel Shining Pattern Area Rugs
These stylish and functional area rugs are perfect for any home. The beautiful pattern is inspired by the Overlook Hotel from the classic horror movie The Shining.
These rugs are made of durable polyester and are machine-washable for easy care. They’re also stain-resistant and fade-resistant, so they’ll look great for years. Choose from various sizes to find the perfect fit for your space.
Transform any room in your home with our striking and durable area rug. With the ability to add playful, colorful or stylish graphics, this rug is the perfect way to make a bold style statement that perfectly matches your aesthetic.
Made with hemmed edges and a coated backing, it's designed for easy flat-lay installation and built to withstand the test of time.
Upgrade your home decor today with this one-of-a-kind piece.
Area Rug Size Chart
|Small||2 x 3||20 x 32||51 x 81|
|Medium||3 x 5||35 x 63||89 x 160|
|Large||5 x 7||63 x 84||160 x 213|
- Our rugs are custom-made to order and handcrafted to the highest quality standards.
- The rug's bottom is a TPR dot modding non-slip design.
- The rug's printing surface is crystal velvet fabric.
- Each rug is made from luxurious plush velour and features a premium heat dye sublimation print for long-lasting color vibrancy.
- A low-profile thickness of 0.4 inches makes this rug look great in any room and is perfect for placing under furniture.
- 100% polypropylene
Rugs are often one of the first places where dirt and dust accumulate. Not to worry though, our rugs are easy to care for and clean! Just follow these simple tips, and your rug will look as good as new in no time.
- Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming is the best way to remove dirt and dust from your rug. Be sure to vacuum both sides of the rug to prevent dirt and dust from accumulating.
- Spot clean spills immediately: If you spill something on your rug, be sure to spot clean it immediately. This will help prevent the stain from setting in and becoming more challenging to remove.
- Use water and detergent: Our rugs are washable. Stain-resistant material makes cleaning a breeze. Use a damp cloth with mild soapy water to clean (avoid bleach) and let air dry
- Hang dry: After cleaning your rug, hang it dry to prevent mildew and mold from developing.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your rug looking its best for years to come!
Note: Rugs arrive vacuumed and sealed for protection during the shipping process. Once opened, rugs may take up to 24 hours to lay flat. We recommend light rug cleaning with a vacuum to assist in settling.